movies that will almost certainly happen in the next decade:
- a low-budget independent film starring Anton Yelchin. its actually just unused scrap footage from all of Anton Yelchin’s other indie movies edited into its own movie. to compensate for the patchy storyline, they put in long montages of Fleet Foxes music over time-lapse National Geographic footage every few minutes. Its seen as groundbreaking.
- “Representative Hope”. Julia Roberts is Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in this fall-released, big-budget, sentimental drama about love, hope, and recovery. Also starring Tom Hanks as himself.
- “Charlie Kaufman’s “Charlie ‘Charlie Kaufman’ Kaufman’s Movie” Movie” a movie about the version of Charlie Kaufman that Charlie Kaufman’s fictional self would write about, written by Charlie Kaufman, starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Nic Cage as Charlie Kaufman. Theres a scene where it takes the protagonist 10 minutes to eat a scone because of all the voiceover interruptions.
- “txt it”, a Lifetime original movie about the perils of young people relying solely on text messaging. THEY FORGET HOW TO LITERALLY TALK. a mother’s struggle to regain her daughter’s love / ability to speak
- “John Wilkes”, a highly fictionalized story of the life of Lincoln’s assasin, starring Leonardo Dicaprio as John Wilkes Booth and Michelle Williams as Mary Todd Lincoln, his secret lover! SEX SCENES. the scene early in the movie where John Wilkes Booth uses his actor stage makeup to dress as Lincoln and break into the white house just to meet up with Mary Todd in a broom closet gets best kiss at MTV movie awards.
- “Twelve Angry Babies”. the team behind “Baby Geniuses” do it again with this hip, funny, family-friendly retelling of the classic “Twelve Angry Men”. They use all the original audio.
- its year 2045 and we live in a network of underground tunnels due to global warming and radioactive discharge from a nuclear war. we follow one man’s life from start to finish and see that while society has changed, its also similar in a lot of ways. starring Steve Buschemi.